Thursday, February 2, 2012

Bitch Please

I always put on a smile and do my best to act like nothing bothers me, even when dealing with people who have been hurtful towards my family, friends, and myself at one time or another.  After an encounter with someone I don’t like that has disrespected me (or someone I love) I get mad at myself for being so fake and phony, pretending like everything is all good...  If someone is going to treat me poorly, why do I need to act like its ok?  It is not ok. 

In fact, being too nice is a serious problem.  There are many books written about “Nice Girl Syndrome” and “People-Pleasers.”  Just like nice guys, nice girls finish last.  For real.
People that are too nice are doormats and get walked over ALL the time.  Well I’m sick of it.  I’m so mad at myself for being the fake phony person that puts on a smile even if I can’t stand the person and their disrespectful ways.  Of course this is the mature thing to do, and I always tell myself that I am “killing them with kindness”, but one of these days I want to have enough courage to just be a total BITCH.  I need to get a “take no shit from anyone” attitude and start applying it.  I don't want to get confrontational (confrontation scares me haha), I just want to turn my back and walk away from hurtful people (this is as far as bitchiness would go for me).
Being “too nice” sucks.  People use you and will do so repeatedly if you don’t stand up for yourself.
Easier said than done right?  At the end of the day it is always easier for me to smile and keep my true feelings to myself.  Then again, maybe I have it right and "killing with kindness" has some truth to it...

No comments:

Post a Comment